Technology continues to have a significant impact on the world in which we all live, and IT and STEAM are wonderful subjects to equip students with both programming and creative thinking and problem solving skills.
The IT Showcase enables us to promote these skills, and we invite entries for this year's Showcase from 1 June 2017.
Crawford College Sandton will be hosting the seventh IT Showcase on Tuesday 26 September 2017.
Any high school students, are invited to showcase their Practical Assessment Tasks or other projects at this event and compete for prizes.
This year there are three categories:
- Practical Assessment Tasks using JAVA/Delphi and persistent storage connectivity only
- Practical Assessment Tasks using JAVA/Delphi that incorporate additional software like gaming engines, 3D modelers etc
- Projects that involve building circuits and coding for robots or other inventions
We can accept a maximum of 60 entries. All competitors will receive goody bags and the winners will receive trophies and big prizes from our sponsors.
The projects will be judged by six judges from top academic and professional institutions.
- Visitors, parents, staff and pupils from all schools in the area can interact with the competitors and view their projects.
- Teachers are invited to bring student groups to get ideas for their projects,
- Parents are welcome to bring their children to get inspired by exceptional projects and technology.
Exhibitors will also demonstrate
- 3D printing
- Laser cutting
- Coding with Micro:bits
- Little Bits
- Drones and competitive drone racing
Cafe Flava will offer meals for breakfast and lunch, coffee, cool drink, water and juice and other snacks for sale.
Click here to complete the entry form.